For those who are unhappy with their present hot water heater or are considering installing one in their new house, Lowe’s can assist you with your decision. A complete collection of electric water heaters, gas water heaters, tankless water heaters, hybrid heat pump water heaters, and water heater accessories may be found in our online store. Want to know how to choose the finest tankless water heater? Are you unsure about where to begin? The processes outlined below can assist you in making your decision.
- Identify Your House’s Fuel Source: Select a water heater depending on the fuel source that is currently in use in your home. Please refer to our buying guide for information on the differences between electric, gas/propane, and hybrid fuel options. Select the Type of Heater You Want: Water heaters with storage tanks are the most prevalent form of water heater. They have an insulated tank in which water is heated and stored until it is required again. Tankless water heaters do not have a storage tank for hot water. As water travels through a series of coils, they heat it instead of using electricity. Direct vent water heaters suck in air for combustion from the outside of your home, rather than the interior. Afterwards, the exhaust gases and surplus heat are vented back into the atmosphere. See this page for additional in-depth information on the different varieties. Currently own a water heater and require its installation? Whether you want tankless water heater installation or gas water heater installation, we can help.
Are you looking to save even more money? There may be a refund available for several ENERGY STAR ®certified water heaters, such as the A. O. Smith heat pump water heater, depending on where you live. You can find out how much money you may save by visiting our rebates page. The A. O. Smith Signature Series water heaters, which are only available via Lowe’s, are among our most cherished products. A. O. Smith has been relied upon by companies and customers for than a century to supply their hot water demands.
Product picker tool from A.
Smith allows you to answer a few brief questions about your lifestyle in order to locate the best one for you.
Make sure you do your homework to get the ideal one for you.
Water Heater Buying Guide
In a recent test, Consumer Reports evaluated six electric and gas whole-house tankless water heaters from manufactures including Bosch, Noritz, Rheem, Rinnai, Tempra, and Trutankless. A tanked water heater from Rheem, one that is gas and one that is electric, as well as an electric heat pump water heater from Rheem, which is a variant on a tanked water heater, were all used to compare the outcomes. Based on the results of an industry-standard “heavy usage” test, we compared the performance of natural gas and electric tankless water heaters to that of their conventional tank equivalents.
The daily equivalent of taking many showers, running the dishwasher, washing one load of clothes, and repeatedly turning the tap on and off.
Hot Water Heater Buying Guide
Taking a cold shower or paying high energy bills are not something anyone wants to do. Hot water heaters are important because they provide cost-effective and dependable hot water for your household.
Purchasing a Water Heater
Whether you’ve just experienced your first unexpectedly chilly shower or just want to lower your energy bills, investing in a new hot water tank is a wise decision. Follow these procedures to avoid having to guess about your appliance’s operation and fix problems:
- Determine the source of the fuel
- Select the type of heater you want
- Find out how much capacity you have
- Take a measurement of the space
Water Heater Fuel Sources
To begin, identify the sort of fuel source that is currently in use in your home. The following table summarizes the distinctions between electric, gas/propane, and hybrid fuel types.
Electric Hot Water Tanks:
- To heat water, one or two interchangeable heating components should be used. Compared to other sorts, it is less costly. There is a wide range of high-efficiency alternatives available
- Sizes range from 28 to more than 100 gallons.
- It is necessary to use a burner to heat the water
- It also requires flowing air around it. It is not possible to keep flammable items near by
- Water heaters that use gas are more costly than electric water heaters. Water heaters that use less energy than electric water heaters
- Sizes ranging from 30 to 100 gallons are available.
- Make use of the energy in the air to heat the water
- It is possible to utilize either outside air or air from the room where it is being kept. Water tanks are available as built-in units or as add-ons to existing tanks. Electric water heaters that are larger than conventional models
- An early investment that is more expensive
- It is more energy efficient, which results in cheaper utility expenses. Sizes available range from 50 to 80 gallons.
Types of Water Heaters
When selecting a water heater, take into account the size of your household as well as the availability of utilities in your location.
This is the most often seen form of water heater. They feature an insulated tank where water is heated and kept until it is required. They are available in three different fuel types: electric, liquid propane, and natural gas. Water heaters powered by natural gas or propane often consume less energy and are less expensive in operation than electric versions of the same size. When purchasing a water heater, it is important to consider its energy efficiency as well as its annual operating expenses.
Tankless water heaters do not have a storage tank for hot water.
The fact that a tankless water heater only warms water as it is consumed means that it is often more energy efficient than a regular storage tank water heater.
Water Heater Tank Capacity
In the United States, storage tank water heaters are categorised based on the amount of water they can store in gallons. Identifying the amount of hot water your home requires on a regular basis is critical to ensuring enough hot water supplies throughout the year. With the exception of tankless water heaters, you’ll need a larger tank to accommodate a larger family. Another factor to consider when purchasing a storage tank water heater is the recovery rate, which refers to the number of gallons of water it can heat in an hour while simultaneously replenishing the tank.
If you want to utilize a tank water heater, you may use these suggestions as a reference to determine the size of the tank you’ll require.
Minimum Gallon Capacity Recommendations
30 gallons for a family of 1 to 2 people 40 gallons for a family of 2 to 3 people 50 gallons for a family of 3 to 4 people 80 gallons for a family of 5 or more people
Gas Water Heater:
Thirty gallons per person or every family of one to two people 40-gallon household (for 2–3 people) Fifty gallons per family of three or four people. Eighty gallons for a family of five or more
Space for the Water Heater
If you don’t have enough room for a standard-sized water heater, there are other options. All of these solutions give the same degree of performance and may be used with either electric or gas systems (natural gas or propane).
Lowboys or Short Water Heaters
These water heaters are both shorter and broader than a standard water heater. They contain the same amount of water as their larger counterparts while yet being able to fit into tight spots such as crawlspaces and below cupboards. Lowboys are available in sizes ranging from 30 to 49 inches in height and can store up to 50 gallons of water.
Tall Water Heaters
High-capacity water heaters are available in sizes ranging from 50 to 76 inches in height and can accommodate up to 100 gallons of water.
They’re perfect for basements or garages where there isn’t a concern about height. In addition, hybrid water heaters require additional room in order to perform correctly, so be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before installing one of these units.
This feature is available for electric water heaters and prevents the higher element from burning out if the appliance detects that there is no water nearby.
ENERGY STAR ®and High-Efficiency Ratings
It is the most trusted and government-backed emblem of energy efficiency on the market today. This grade assists consumers in saving money while also conserving the environment via the use of energy-efficient items and procedures. Consider investing in a high-efficiency water heater to save money while also benefiting the environment. The energy factor (EF) rating of a water heater is used to determine its efficiency. The greater the efficiency factor (EF), the more efficient the model. However, while some of the most energy-efficient versions may be a little more expensive initially, they are meant to be more ecologically friendly and to save you money over time.
Using this information, you may get a better understanding of how the water heater model you’re considering is projected to function.
A new generation of water heaters adapts the temperature and other operational aspects to your personal demands and usage patterns in a simple and easy manner. Improved energy economy, enhanced durability, and smarter performance are just a few of the advantages of choosing a heater that is integrated with artificial intelligence of this type.
A Premium Electronic Gas Valve
Certain gas water heaters now include an electronic gas valve, which is more efficient. This results in more consistent and precise performance for better temperature control and faster hot water recovery than a standard mechanical gas valve since it has fewer moving parts than a mechanical gas valve. Using a light-emitting diode (LED) indicator, you can validate that the pilot is lighted and get diagnostic input on how well the system is performing. With a thermopile, this novel valve can operate entirely on its own power.
Because there is no requirement for an external power supply, installation is straightforward.
Wi-Fi Water Heater Capabilities
Electric water heaters that have a Wi-Fi module are currently available on the market. It allows you to regulate the temperature of your water from a distance. Set up a customized schedule so that hot water is only accessible in your water heater tank when it is needed, resulting in significant savings on your energy expenditure. It will also give you an alarm if your hot water supply is running low.
Water heater accessories are available to help you increase the safety and efficiency of your water heater by enhancing its functionality.
The water heater’s expansion tanks are connected to the water heater by a plumbing system. It is the purpose of these water heater tanks to store the additional volume of water that can be created when cold water is heated in the tank.
Water Heater Timers
Hot water heater timers are linked into the unit’s electrical supply and may be programmed to ensure that the water heater only uses power during specific hours of the day or night.
By only using the water heater when it is absolutely necessary, you may reduce your energy consumption and save money.
Water Leak Detectors and Alarms
Water leak detectors can be found on the floor or in a pan beside the water heater, depending on the model. A liquid leak or overflow will cause the alarm to detect the liquid and sound an audio alarm, alerting the homeowner that there is a problem. Some of these alarms are also integrated with Wi-Fi, allowing you to get notifications on your smartphone.
Water Heater Insulation Blankets
They are designed to be installed above the unit and to improve the insulating properties of the water heater. Heating systems installed in garages or other unheated areas benefit from the use of insulating blankets.
Water Heater Pans
There are many pans that sit beneath the heater and catch water from leaks or overflows produced by excessive pressure in the tank. The side of the pan features a hole for a drain hose, which may be used to remove any excess water.
Water Heater Stands
Water heater stands elevate gas-powered units off the ground, reducing the risk of a fire in the case of a flammable liquid spill in the immediate vicinity of the unit. If you’re replacing an old water heater and installing a stand along with your new one, your measurements, piping, and venting will be affected as a result. It will be necessary to hire a professional to install it if you do not have extensive plumbing expertise.
Gas Water Heaters – Ace Hardware
Install a natural gas water heater from Ace to bring your home up to date with clean burning technology. Choosing from our selection of high-quality gas hot water heaters will help you save money on your energy costs while also providing immediate hot water to every tap in your home. To select the ideal gas water heater for your house and family size, go through a variety of sizes and BTU ratings.
Natural Gas Water Heaters
With a natural gas hot water tank from our range of top-rated brands and types, you can be certain of a consistent supply of hot water. Taking advantage of the most recent technical advancements will allow you to experience more efficiency, a more consistent and regulated temperature, and less wasted energy in your house. Our gas hot water tanks are available in a variety of sizes to meet a variety of demands, as well as varying first hour ratings and BTU capacities. Contact us now to learn more.
- Meets or exceeds the criteria established by the NAECA. Diffuser-end PEX dip tube
- Temperature and pressure relief valves
- Safety relief valves
- First-hour gallon ratings that are high
- Precision temperature control is provided by an electronic thermostat. LED light for the operational indication
- Little heat loss
- Protection against corrosion within tanks
Tankless Natural Gas Hot Water Heaters
With one of our tankless natural gas hot water heaters, you can combine greater BTU ratings per gallon of water with lower emissions that are better for the environment. Instant, consistent hot water from your faucets with reduced heat loss is what you can look forward to. Because of their wall-mountable design, our tankless water heaters have a sleek look and a simple user interface. They also save you room because of their compact size. We have a variety of sizes, BTU ratings, and installation choices to choose from, allowing you to customize your water heater to meet the specific demands of your home.
We encourage you to use our online shop to evaluate the characteristics of gas tankless water heaters against one another, allowing you to identify the specifics that you’re searching for, such as the following:
- Extremely high recovery efficiency (about 100 percent)
- Excellent consistent energy factors Design of an indoor condensing model
- Meeting the standards for Ultra Low NOx emissions in California
- • Compatibility with three-quarter-inch natural gas lines
Mobile Home Gas Hot Water Tanks
Gas hot water tanks are available in a variety of sizes and shapes, including those designed expressly for mobile homes. Low heat loss is achieved by the use of glass-lined tanks and ecologically safe, non-CFC foam insulation in our mobile home natural gas water heaters. When installing these water heaters, the cost of vent pipe and air intake is cheaper than with other types. The following characteristics should be sought for in our selection of gas mobile home hot water heaters:
- Models with a sealed combustion chamber
- Corrosion protection provided by quality anode rods
- Safety relief valves for temperature and pressure have been installed at the factory. Heat trap nipples coated with PEX polymer and measuring three quarters of an inch in diameter
- Connection to water is simple
- Compatibility with vent piping is straightforward. High ratings in the first hour
- Proportional conversions between propane and natural gas
- With the use of a green choice gas burner, NOx emissions were reduced by 33 percent. Pilot ignition is made simple using a piezo igniter.
Shop Ace Hardware for Natural Gas Water Heaters
With a natural gas water heater from Ace, you can keep your water hot while keeping your energy expenditures low. Our knowledgeable team can assist you in locating the ideal natural gas water heater and water heater accessories for your house. Simply visit your local shop to receive professional ideas and guidance from our knowledgeable experts. We’ll make it simpler for you to choose the best goods for your requirements.
Hot Water Heaters & Tanks at Ace Hardware
Don’t let yourself be without hot water for long. Ace provides speedy delivery alternatives, including free pickup at your local Ace shop, to ensure that you can repair your damaged water heater as soon as possible. Our selection of residential hot water heaters assures that your family will always have hot water, no matter how large or small your household is. Investigate our vast variety of hot water system alternatives from the most reputable manufacturers, like Reliance and Bosch as well as Kenmore and Ecosmart, to locate the water heater that best meets your requirements.
Natural Gas Water Heaters
With a natural gas hot water heater, you can easily connect to the existing municipal power supply. Provide your house with clean, dependable hot water given by one of Ace’s energy-efficient modern water heaters. Our gas water heaters, which are equipped with cutting-edge technology and the latest in energy-saving measures, provide constant hot water that is tailored to the demands of your home. Choose from a wide range of tank sizes and BTU rates, as well as innovative technical features, to meet your needs.
- Meets or exceeds California Air Quality Standards Requirements for extremely low NOx emissions
- Anode rod of superior grade
- Both temperature and pressure relief valves are included. Warranty terms that are competitive
- Uniform energy factors that are superior
- High ratings in the first hour
- Lighted indicator with LEDs
- The use of an electronic thermostat allows for more accurate control.
Propane Water Heaters
Propane water heaters, which have larger BTU ratings than other fuels available on the market, improve the efficiency and dependability of your home’s comfort. Our selection of propane hot water heaters includes top-of-the-line models in a variety of sizes and BTU capacities to suit your needs. Some of our propane water heaters are equipped with the following characteristics:
- Tank insulation made of non-CFC foam that is environmentally friendly. High scores for recuperation for the first hour
- Tanks with a glass liner
- The use of an electronic gas control valve allows for precise temperature control. Reporting on the operating condition in real time
- Piezo igniters for the pilot light
- PEX dip tubes
- Temperature and pressure safety relief valves
- PEX polymer lined heat trap nipples
- Piezo igniters for the pilot light
Electric Water Heaters
Integration of anelectrical water heater into your current electrical system will simplify the process of heating water across your entire home. Ace sells a wide range of sizes and power ratings from the most reputable manufacturers in the business, including Kenmore, Reliance, Bosch, and Ecosmart, among others. Look through our online shop for various models that include the following features:
- Efficiency mode
- Operating mode is indicated by an LED indicator light. Displays that are easy to use
- Vacation mode that can be programmed for up to 99 days
- Operating expenses are reduced by half while using hybrid mode. Draining powers of varying degrees
- Non-CFC foam insulation that is beneficial to the environment. Tanks with a glass liner
- Materials that are anti-corrosive
Tankless Water Heaters
Our selection of tankless water heaters is available in a variety of energy sources, including natural gas, propane, and electricity, and can provide your house with rapid hot water.
With a wall-mountable design and elegant functionality, you can maximize your available space while still enjoying the extra benefit of continuous hot water. With a tankless water heater from Ace, you can take advantage of cutting-edge efficiency while maintaining a simplified building process.
Come to Ace for Your New Water Heater
With a new water heater from Ace Hardware, you can improve the efficiency and comfort of your house. Stop by your local Ace shop to get help from members of our knowledgeable staff, or browse our online store to locate the model that best suits your needs. Ace provides same-day delivery with the option of free pickup at your local shop.
Residential Gas Tank Water Heating Solutions
In total, there are more than 150 distinct models in the A. O. Smith range of natural gas and liquid propane tank water heaters. Water heaters ranging from high-efficiency ENERGY STAR ®certified models to more affordable standard-efficiency models are available from A. O. Smith, and each is designed just for you.
Benefits of Gas Tank Water Heaters
- Gas tank water heaters from A. O. Smith are simple to install, and we provide a variety of venting choices to accommodate any home’s needs. A. O. Smith highly advises that you seek the assistance of a professional installation.
Hot Water Storage Supply
- Unlike storage tanks, tank water heaters have a steady supply of hot water on hand for when you need it most.
- Limited warranties ranging from 6 to 10 years are offered on A. O. Smith gas tank water heaters, ensuring that you will have hot water for years to come in your house
A Closer Look
Gas water heaters by A. O. Smith heat water by burning either natural gas or liquid propane (liquid propane). All variants are equipped with a thermostat/gas control that allows you to adjust the desired temperature. When a hot water fixture is turned on, hot water is released from the tank and circulated through the home’s hot water pipes, after which the tank is replenished with cold water. The thermostat keeps track of the water temperature and activates reheating when it becomes necessary.
High-efficiency variants are equipped with an electronic gas valve and either a spark or a hot surface ignitor, eliminating the need for a standing pilot.
|Compare:||Standard Non-Condensing Gas Tank Water Heaters:GCR-50||High-Efficiency Condensing Gas Tank Water Heaters:|
|Single Shower Length||37 minutes||Unlimited|
|Showers Back-to-Back||4.7 showers||Unlimited|
|Showers at the Same Time||3.2 showers||3.5 showers|
|Maximum Tub Size||87 gallons||112 gallons|
|Time to Fill Tub||7 minutes||7 minutes|
|Hot Water Storage Supply||check_circle_outline||check_circle_outline|
|Continuous Hot Water||check_circle_outline|
|UEF||0.62||0.88 – 0.90|
|Warranty||6 Years||6 – 10 Years|
*Many factors affect the actual performance of a water heater. This represents our closest approximation of your likely experience with this water heater in your local area, but actual performance may vary depending on factors beyond our ability to control or estimate.
Water heaters manufactured by A. O. Smith are professionally installed by independent contractors in the local area. GET IN TOUCH WITH A LOCAL INSTALLER
Not sure which water heater is right for you?
Make use of our product picker tool to choose the best model for your needs. Please Assist Me in Making My Decision
- Detailed Instructions for Setup Installation instructions for our gas tank water heater may be found here. See the document
- Guide to Obtaining Resources Match the flow rate to the requirements of your customers. Cross-reference tool for viewing documents Look for replacement products that are NAECA-compliant. Make use of a tool.
Natural Gas Hot Water Heaters
- Among the signatures are: Signature 100 (44)
- Signature 300 (6)
- Signature 500 (11)
- Signature 900 (2)
- Signature 1000 (1)
- Signature 1500 (1)
- Signature 2000 (1)
- Signature 2000 (2).
- Gallons? The nominal capacity of a product is a typical number offered by the manufacturer for the purpose of comparison. Detailed information about our water heaters’ actual rated storage volume may be found on their respective product details pages on our website.
- 50 – 74(24)
- 40 – 49(25)
- 30 – 39(8)
- 20 – 29(0)
- 50,000 or more (16)
- 40,000 to 50,000 or more (31)
- 30,000 to 40,000 or more (13)
- 30,000 or more (3)
- Standard Atmospheric Vent (40)
- Direct Vent (8)
- Power Vent (10)
- Power Direct Vent (5)
- Standard Atmospheric Vent (40)
- Standard Direct Vent (40)
- A total of eight 100+ gallon containers
- Twenty-six 75-99 gallon containers
- Twenty-four fifty-four gallon containers
- Five zero-to-ninety-nine gallon containers
- 0.70 – 0.99 (9 points)
- 0.60 – 0.69 (38 points)
- 0.00 – 0.59 (16 points)
Model: GC6-PS5065NVLowe’s Item Number: 3810031compare and contrast Lowe’s Item Number: 3810030Model: GC6-PS4050NVCompare Model: G6-T4035NVRLowe’s Item Number: 1325040compare and contrast Model: G6-S4040NVRLowe’s Item Number: 962545compare and contrast Lowe’s Item Number: 962540model: G6N-Item T5040NVRLowe’s Number: 962540compare Model: G12-T5040NVRLowe’s Item Number: 962544compare and contrast Model: G12-CADT5040NVLowe’s Item Number: 816131compare and contrast.
Lowe’s Item Number: 962539model: G12-T4040NVRLowe’s Item Number: 962539compare Comparing Lowe’s Item: 839885 with the Model: G12-CADT4040NV Model: G12-S4040NVRLowe’s Item Number: 962548compare and contrast Model: G9-T5040NVRLowe’s Item Number: 962543compare and contrast Model: G6-S3032NVRLowe’s Item Number: 1325038compare and contrast
Reliance Natural Gas and Liquid Propane Water Heaters
Return to the Products page.
? The nominal capacity of a product is a typical number offered by the manufacturer for the purpose of comparison.
The actual rated storage volume of our water heaters may be found on the product details page of our website under the product description. 100+(1) 75 to 99 years old (2) 50 – 74 years old (25) 40 – 49 years old (38) 30 – 39(11) 30 – 39(11) 30 – 39(11) 30 – 39(11) 30 (0)
65,000+(6) 50,000 to 64,999 dollars (5) 40,000 – 49,999(36) 40,000 – 49,999(36) 40,000 (30)
Certified by the ENERGY STAR® (19) LEED CERTIFICATION (72) Display on a computer screen (0) Cleaning on Your Own (62)
Tall(50) Power Direct Vent (2) Standard (2) Mobile Home (3) Direct Vent (6) Energy Efficient (7) High Efficiency (17) Power Direct Vent (0) Power Ventilation (13)