The Best Shower Water Filters, According to Experts
Featured image courtesy of Paramount Pictures Shower water filters are not a tremendous jump from drinking water filters, which are used to keep potentially dangerous contaminants out of drinking water. According to Olga Naidenko, Ph.D., a senior science consultant at the Environmental Working Group (EWG), chlorine, a by-product of water disinfection, as well as dangerous volatile organic compounds (VOCs), including the carcinogenic trichloroethylene, are regularly discovered in municipal water supplies.
“Many individuals feel that their hair is drier when they shampoo with hard water, that it frizzes more readily, and that there is less lather produced,” explains Anabel Kingsley, a trichologist (hair and scalp expert) at the Philip Kingsley Clinic.
Water softeners and filters may eliminate these contaminants, which can help to alleviate concerns such as dry skin and dandruff.
Water Geek founder Luke George claims that those who use shower filters have “softer hair and skin, hair color that lasts longer, and hair that is better able to preserve its gloss and sheen.” For the purpose of selecting a water filter, Naidenko recommends that you first search for your zip code in the Environmental Working Group’s tap-water database to see what substances have been found in your area’s water supply, and then look for filters that are certified to remove or reduce those specific contaminants.
There are generally two types of showerhead filters, according to our experts: one that is a “all-in-one” model that includes a filter built into the showerhead, and another that is a “inline filter” that is designed to be installed between your shower arm — the pipe that delivers water — and the showerhead.
We’ve compiled a list of the filters suggested by our nine experts, as well as those that have been approved by third-party testing for their ability to tackle common pollutants.
Oxidation reduction (or redox) filters, such as this one made of a copper-zinc alloy, exchange electrons with pollutants, including heavy metals such as lead and mercury, in order to chemically convert them to non-toxic byproducts.
Founder of bespoke water filtration firm Molecule Project Alexander Venet believes that KDF is the way to go when it comes to water filtration.
According to Venet, “It contains granular copper and zinc, which act together to create an ionic exchange with the chlorine, converting it into a chloride that is not hazardous.” He goes on to say that it also aids in the elimination of bacteria because “whenever bacteria comes into contact with copper and zinc, it is killed off.” Sprite filters, according to Venet, are among the finest available.
“They do things the proper way.
Copper is expensive, so if you use KDF-55, you are not squeezing a few extra cents out of your budget.” According to Stefan Buck, business unit manager for filtration at NSF International, this filter has been certified by the National Sanitation Foundation, which means it has met the requirements of the public health and safety organization “for chlorine reduction, material safety, and structural integrity.” While this “high output” filter is also included with a showerhead, we’re providing it with the inline versions so that you may quickly replace out your existing showerhead if you so like.
If you don’t like the white look, Sprite also produces an achrome version of the product (without the extra head).
In fact, Trinity Mouzon Wofford, co-founder of the health firm Golde, refers to hers as “the heart of my home,” as well as “a Brita filter on steroids.” However, according to George, the company’s shower filter is “equally remarkable.” It treats chlorine in the water and decreases bacteria, lead, hydrogen sulfide, iron, mercury, dirt, and odor in the water by the use of KDF-55 filtration.
- The ability of activated carbon to bind to all kinds of pollutants, gather volatile organic compounds (VOCs), lower chlorine levels, and reduce — but not eliminate — various types of metals is a key feature of Culligan filters, according to Naidenko and George.
- It is NSF approved.
- He does point out, however, that this particular model is only compatible with handheld showers.
- In his words, “when you get out of a chlorinated pool, your skin feels really dry.” He goes on to say that filtering the chlorine out of your shower water might make your skin feel “smoother and less dry.” People can tell the difference 100 percent of the time.
- The pH Energize is one of George’s favorite filters since it eliminates the need to choose between different filtering methods because it has eight stages of filtration that water may travel through at once.
- These include tourmaline for absorbing possibly carcinogenic compounds, KDF for heavy metal removal, and steel micro-net for removing any silt or rust that may have leaked into the water from ancient pipes.
To get even more filtration, this AquaBliss filter comes highly recommended by Danny Lipford, the host of the nationally syndicated home-improvement television and radio showToday’s Homeowner, who calls it “a fantastic solution for homes.” “A multistage shower filter will eliminate a range of chemicals, but the most essential are chlorine and other minerals, which can have a negative impact on the health of the skin, scalp, and hair,” adds Lipford.
Among the features he appreciates about this model are that it is “simple to install and provides superior filtration at a reasonable price,” as well as the fact that it “has a unique ability to infusevitamin Cand otherskin-friendlyminerals into the water supply.” An all-in-one model that has a built-in filter as well as its own shower heads is slightly easier to install than in-line alternatives, and some models have additional functions than in-line options.
The AquaHomeGroup filter is equipped with a rainfall shower head, which George describes as “a spa-style addition to your showering experience.” With a 15-stage filtration system (including KDF-55 and activated carbon), it even infuses your water with vitamins C and E, which may have beneficial effects on your hair and skin, according to the manufacturer.
- It is meant to remove chlorine, heavy metals, and other contaminants from your water supply.
- Those who suffer from the impacts of hard water, fluoride, and chlorine in their water will find this to be an excellent solution.
- In her review of this all-in-one filter, Freise compliments the proprietary technology that she believes distinguishes it from other filters.
- Photograph courtesy of a store Those who live in areas with “well and hard water” can benefit from this reasonably priced shower head.
In addition to being more aesthetically beautiful, because it isn’t as bulky as some of the other models, Freise claims that it “helps raise the pH of the skin to aid in the reduction of hair loss.” The use of shower water filters, according to hairstylistKristi Wilczopolski, can help to enhance the general health of one’s hair.
Wilczopolski personally utilizes this T3 filter, which makes things more easier because the filter is incorporated into the showerhead itself, as opposed to other filters.
The Strategisti is a search engine that is aimed to reveal the most valuable, expert suggestions for products to buy throughout the huge online marketplace.
We update links as often as we can, but please keep in mind that bargains sometimes expire and that all prices are subject to change.
Every editorial product is hand-picked by a team of editors. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, New York may receive a commission. According to Experts, the best shower water filters are as follows:
Why you should buy a shower filter for better skin and shinier hair
A community’s health might be jeopardized by toxic or contaminated water, which can occur even in wealthy countries’ metropolises. Even shower water can include dangerous elements that are similar to those found in drinking water. These contaminants include heavy metals, asbestos, chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals and impurities. Fortunately, just when you thought we were going to pour cold water on your at-home spa day, we have some good news: for a relatively modest price, you can acquire a high-quality shower filter that will offer water filtration to protect you and your family from all of the chemicals and metals in water.
- While you may be certain that your water is perfectly safe to drink, many individuals claim that utilizing a shower filter helps to mitigate the negative effects of hard water and soft water, as well as giving them smoother skin, better hair, and addressing a variety of aesthetic issues.
- Without further ado, here is a comprehensive list of shower filters that are suitable for all shower kinds.
- It’s important to remember that you’ll ultimately need a replacement filter, and that these will incur an additional expense, so keep this in mind when making your final selection.
- Sonaki An activated carbon filter for your showerhead is the most effective option available today.
- You may shower with confidence knowing that you’re safe since the granular activated carbon eliminates bacteria, chlorine, chloramine (another disinfectant that is occasionally used), heavy metals, rust, and any other contaminants.
- QwenchPureKDF filters are constructed of copper and zinc, two elements that interact with one another by generating a tiny electrical-chemical charge in the process.
- It’s unlikely that you’ll detect the electric charge in your shower, but the heavy metals will be noticeable.
- However, while the Aqua EarthA Vitamin C filter eliminates chlorine and chloramine fluoride by neutralizing them, this shower head filter is ineffective against a wide range of other pollutants and impurities.
- The Vitamin C filter may also be fitted to any shower head that you currently have on your bathroom counter.
It mostly removes chlorine from the water, although it is also capable of filtering out silt. The filter has a lifespan of up to six months and can be installed on any standard showerhead or shower line that you are presently using in your home.
Lead and chlorine in drinking water
The notion that pure water may perhaps contain hazardous toxins may have occurred to some of you in the past. Unfortunately, even if your water smells and tastes great, this does not imply that your tap water is devoid of dangerous contaminants such as chemicals. Toxic metals, chlorine (used as a disinfectant), and the byproducts that chlorine produces when combined with other chemicals in the water are the most concerning types of water pollutants to be concerned about in your shower water. Any of these factors can significantly impair your showering experience.
All four are on the World Health Organization’s Top 10 list of “chemicals of serious public health concern.” In many cases, lead is regarded as the most serious water-contaminant offender because, even if your water supply is pure, water slowly corrodes the lead in your house plumbing systems, allowing the deadly metal to seep into your drinking water.
- According to the World Health Organization, lead exposure can cause permanent neurological problems even at low levels.
- Lead from deteriorating plumbing may contaminate drinking water, resulting in a wide range of public health problems for the general public.
- The byproducts produced when chlorine combines with natural organic matter in water, resulting in the formation of hazardous compounds known as THMs, are the primary source of public health concern.
- If you’re concerned about THM absorption, a shower filtration system that actively removes chlorine can be beneficial.
Are there toxic metals in your household water?
If I’ve scared you away from using your home water, please don’t take it personally. Many nations, like the United States, have a comprehensive set of criteria to ensure that the hazardous substances in your water, as well as the general quality of your water, are thoroughly investigated and controlled. In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) sets legally enforceable guidelines for all various sorts of contaminants found in drinking water, as well as secondary issues that may cause skin irritation or hair loss.
You may read the report and see if there are any alarming pollution levels in your water, but you can also rest certain that if any water pollutants exceed the legal limit, your community will be alerted immediately and appropriately.
The most harmful levels of lead collect when water is allowed to linger in your home’s pipes overnight, so flushing away that immediate water will put you in better condition in the long run.
Why you should buy a showerhead filter
If you have already filtered your drinking water due to worries about harmful chemicals in your water, you may want to consider doing the same for your shower water if you have the same concerns. However, even if your shower water is regulated to ensure that it is safe in the short term, long-term exposure to heavy metals and chlorine is still a concern, particularly for the very young and the elderly. However, even if your water is totally safe, it is possible that your hair and skin may benefit from using filtered shower water.
- Hard water is defined as water that has large quantities of minerals, and it is found in the pipes of many people’s houses.
- This USGS map can be of assistance.
- Even more people claim that using a shower filter has helped them with itchy and dull skin, as well as flaky hair and scalp.
- Photographs courtesy of Getty Images More information may be found at: Best showerhead of 2021.
- As a result of the particular minerals found in hard water, soap and shampoo have a more difficult time lathering and performing their functions, and that awful sensation on your skin may really be a sign that it’s not becoming as clean as it might be.
- Have you ever noticed the white residue that accumulates on your faucets and that is difficult to remove?
- The muck clogs your pores and can cover the strands of your hair, making it impossible for your conditioner to perform its job, making sensitive skin and high-maintenance hair even more difficult to manage.
- A chlorinated pool can leave you with crunchy hair and red, dry, itchy skin, as anybody who has ever spent time in one knows.
You should keep in mind that chlorine in water is difficult to remove, so make sure the shower water filter you choose is capable of water filtering for the removal of chlorine before purchasing.
How to choose the best shower filter for your home
In order to get the finest shower filter, you’ll want to consider what’s in your water and what’s most essential to you, such as a water softener, flow rate, water pressure, shower filtration, or how many gallons you use in a day. Also bear in mind that, while the initial cost of your water filtration system may not be too expensive, you will normally need to change the filter or filter cartridge every six months. As a result, while calculating your shower filter budget, you should include the cost of replacement filters and cartridges in addition to the cost of the shower head filter.
All things water
- 2022’s best filtered water bottles to use in order to eliminate microorganisms
- Water bottles that clean themselves for better tasting tap water are the finest. Choosing between water and Gatorade when exercising is an important decision. What will be the greatest water bottles in 2022? In 2022, the best portable humidifiers for dry skin, sinus relief, and sore throats will be available. Should you use smart showers, smart toilets, and smart sinks? For the year 2022, the finest water filter pitchers to buy are as follows: The best air purifiers for 2022 are as follows:
Our HealthWellness newsletter delivers the most up-to-date information, products, and advice directly to your inbox. The material provided in this article is meant solely for educational and informative reasons and is not intended to be used as a substitute for professional medical advice. To get answers to any concerns you may have concerning a medical condition or health goals, you should always check with your doctor or another trained health expert.
15 Stage Shower Filter – Shower Head Filter – Hard Water Filter,Remove Chlorine Heavy Metals and Other Sediments, Vitamin C Water Softener Reduces Dry Itchy Skin,Dandruff BWDM (Silver) – – Amazon.com
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Exceptional filtration On November 7, 2019, the United States government reviewed the document. I was a little suspicious about this device at first, but after using it, I can say that it is fantastic for those of us who live in apartments where we are unable to install a filtering system.
Top reviews from the United States
On January 7, 2020, a review was conducted in the United States. Color: SilverPurchase that has been verified This is a low-cost, simple-to-install alternative to hiring a plumber to install a water softening system in your home. As a result of the extremely hard water in our home, I was looking forward to seeing how this filter would affect my dry skin and hair. The first time I showered, I noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. Despite the fact that I did not use lotion immediately after my shower, my skin did not have its normal dry appearance and feel.
- It took several days to a week for the benefit to become evident in my hair, which I believe was due to the time it needed to rinse off the harsh chemicals that were already in my hair.
- It is more controllable and visually appealing on the whole.
- My hair is fine and thin, and it has a lot more volume than it used to.
- This filter comes highly recommended!
- Color: SilverPurchase that has been verified For the past few weeks, we haven’t noticed a difference in the feel of the water since it was first put in.
- It will be removed as soon as possible.
- I finally got in touch with them after looking for a means to do so.
We even utilized a TDS meter to test the water before and after adding the filter – there was no difference in the results.
The document was reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2020.
To be fair, I’m not sure I’ve ever spent more than $30 on one of these things’s housing.
It was necessary to open it up and wrap all of the provided tape around the threads in order for it to function properly.
On November 7, 2019, the United States government reviewed the document.
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Exceptional filtration On November 7, 2019, the United States government reviewed the document.
The photographs in this review On January 5, 2020, a review was conducted in the United States.
I was quite dissatisfied.
On January 5, 2020, a review was conducted in the United States.
I was quite dissatisfied.
The photographs in this review On March 7, 2020, a review was conducted in the United States.
As a person who suffers from eczema, this filter has made a huge impact in the number of flare-ups my skin has experienced by removing a large number of chemicals that were causing my skin problems.
My hair likes it as well, since it is noticeably softer than it was previously.
On August 16, 2020, the United States will conduct a review.
However, after using it for approximately a month or so, the symptoms began to appear and proceeded to worse as time progressed.
Aside from that, I had a lot of hair breaking and tangling problems.
After uninstalling the filter, I’ve spent a lot of money trying to figure out what’s wrong.
I have golden hair with a lot of fine hair, and this was basically the only thing I changed about my hair care routine.
With just one pass of the brush along the back of my head/hair after washing and letting it to air dry, I can get practically a full brushful of hair out of it.
On December 31, 2019, a review was conducted in the United States.
From the very first usage, my soap and shampoo were able to lather up properly again, and my hair and skin were no longer coated with a layer of film. The filtration system will remain in place, with replacement cartridges being purchased only as needed.
Easy Install Shower Filters for Chlorine Removal
It is possible to install a shower filter to your showerhead in order to filter toxins from the water it disperses. Due to the fact that these filters are separately installed, you have the option of putting them in whatever number of bathrooms you like. Filters for showers function by functioning as a net, catching impurities before spraying clean water from the showerhead. In addition, you may eliminate toxins in your shower and bath water by installing aWhole House Filter System, which will provide you with clean, healthful water from every tap in your home.
Benefits of Using a Shower Filter
Chlorine and synthetic chemicals in tap water can be damaging to your hair and skin, so use caution while using it. All of these compounds are connected with severe drying, which can cause skin damage and hair to lose its sheen. An Aquasana Shower Filter, which filters 90 percent of chlorine and other toxins, will make a noticeable improvement in the strength and softness of your hair and skin.
What to Look for When Choosing the Best Shower Filter
Ineffectiveness is caused by the use of outmoded technologies that prohibit water from being filtered efficiently or that perform a poor job of eliminating impurities from the shower water. Here’s what you need to know about shower water filters before you start shopping: Performance that is second to none The effectiveness of a shower filter is determined by two factors: The effectiveness of the filter is determined by how successfully it eliminates pollutants. This parameter determines how rapidly water is filtered so that it may be circulated without lowering water pressure.
- When looking for a showerhead filter that works with conventional 2.5 gallons per minute (GPM) showerheads, be sure it has a steady flow rate.
- When it comes to important performance criteria, the Aquasana Shower Filter outperforms the competition.
- It filters impurities using natural coconut shell carbon, while its copper/zinc media helps to maintain a healthy pH balance in the water.
- Consider the color and functioning of your showerhead, as well as if you’d want to replace your old unit with a relaxing massage wand in either white or chrome to make your shower more pleasant.
- The use of an upflow design also enhances the amount of time water spends in contact with the media, resulting in greater filtration at a high flow rate.
- Choose a filter that will endure for a long time and is simple to install and replace when necessary.
- The shower filter from Aquasana has a six-month lifespan and is simple to install.
You don’t want to have to keep track of when you order replacement filters. Learn how Aquasana’s Water for Life® auto-delivery service may help you change filters on time, worry-free, and at a lower price with their Water for Life® program.
The 7 Best Shower Filters of 2022
Learn more about our methodology, which includes independent investigation, testing, and assessment of the top goods before making recommendations. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. There are numerous different chemicals that might be present in your water, ranging from heavy metals to pesticides. A shower filter is a practical solution to eliminate annoying hard water and boost your shower experiences so that you may feel extra clean after taking a shower.
- We’ve studied the best shower filters to add to your bathroom in order to assist you in narrowing down your options.
- The price and efficacy of this shower filter system from AquaBliss place it at the top of our list.
- How simple is it?
- There is one changeable cartridge included with the filter, which is meant to last around six to eight months (or 10,000 to 12,000 gallons of water), and extra cartridges may be purchased separately for an additional cost.
- It claims to be able to remove up to 90 percent of the chlorine from your water by employing an ion box and filter sponge combination.
- This allows you to customize your shower experience.
- It is a modest piece of equipment that produces significant effects and is simple to set up.
This is one of the best shower filters available on the market for providing a clean and comfortable shower experience.
The stainless-steel hose can be extended to over 80 inches.
These include rainfall, power massage, and circular massage.
One cartridge will last around six months.
It also eliminates chlorine, fluoride, and chloramine from the water, resulting in a more pleasant shower experience overall.
It may be used with virtually any showerhead.
Well water may include impurities and may have an unpleasant odor due to the presence of these contaminants.
Its purpose is to remove chlorine, heavy metals such as rust and iron, as well as other pollutants, from water sources.
According to the quality of your drinking water, one filter can last up to six months, and an extra filter is included in the package.
Basically, it works with any sort of shower head you choose to put in your bathroom, and you don’t even have to use any tools to set it up and start it going.
Everything you need for a cleaner shower experience is included in this package from Aquasana, which also includes a massage showerhead for added relaxation.
It also eliminates other possible irritants, such as synthetic chemicals and heavy metal media, from the environment.
Finally, a decision has been reached.
Looking to indulge a little?
It lowers heavy metals, chlorine, rust, pesticides, and other contaminants while also giving six distinct shower settings to allow you to customize your showering experience to your preferences.
Know What You’re Filtering
Every location has a unique set of water issues, ranging from chlorine to hard water minerals, that must be addressed. Make use of theTap Water Databasefrom the Environmental Working Group to learn more about the compounds that are most typically discovered in the water in your neighborhood (EWG). In addition to the fact that most shower filters will filter out a number of contaminants, you’ll want to look for one that will filter out the compounds found in your water particularly for the best results.
Shower filters are available in two configurations: as a filtered showerhead or as an inline filter that fits between your existing showerhead and the water supply line (see illustration). However, while both are simple to install and operate, inline showerheads tend to offer a greater number of universal adapters, making them a perfect alternative if you are pleased with the spray pattern and water pressure of your present showerhead.
Some shower filters include many settings, such as rainfall or power massage, to allow you to customize your shower experience to your liking. In the rainfall settings, the pressure of the water as it emerges from the showerhead is reduced, giving the impression that you are bathing in heavy rain rather than standing in the shower. The level of sophistication you desire in your showerhead is totally up to you.
Shower filters should enhance your showering experience rather than causing it to be a sloppy mess. In order for a shower filter not to leak or break after a few uses, it is recommended that you select for a different shower filter if the product appears weak or brittle. Take into consideration your water pressure as well. It is possible that installing a shower filter will result in a decrease in water pressure, however this decrease should not be considerable. Alternatively, if you discover that your filter has severely reduced the water pressure in your shower, it may be prudent to replace it with another.
- What is the best way to install a shower filter? Depending on the product, a shower filter can be put before the showerhead or as a component of the showerhead. The installation procedure is straightforward, and the majority of do-it-yourselfers are capable of accomplishing this operation.
- Check to see that the water is turned off. Cut or peel away the old plumber’s tape that was covering the incoming water line after removing the existing showerhead. Plumber’s tape (Teflon tape) should be applied to the threads of the incoming water line every time it is replaced. Connect the shower filter to the water supply line coming into the house. If the showerhead has a built-in filter, you may simply connect the new filtered showerhead to the water supply line
- Otherwise, you can use the existing showerhead. Apply a fresh piece of plumber’s tape to the threads of the shower filter if it is separate from the showerhead
- Otherwise, repeat the process. Install a showerhead and a shower filter in the shower.
- What is the proper way to change a shower filter? Although it is possible to change a shower filter by removing it from the incoming water line and simply replacing it with a new shower filter, changing a shower filter cartridge instead may be preferable. For each device, there are different procedures to take when replacing the cartridge, therefore it’s crucial to read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that the shower filter cartridge is correctly replaced every time. What is a shower filter, and how does it work? An optional shower filter may be purchased separately and placed before the showerhead or you can get a showerhead that includes a built-in shower filter. In order to protect your skin and hair from the harmful effects of these toxins, these filters remove hard water minerals, chlorine, and other impurities from the water. What are the benefits of using a shower filter? A significant concentration of minerals, such as calcium and magnesium, is present in hard water. Because of the presence of these minerals, hard shower water frequently causes a buildup of soapy residue on your skin, which can clog your pores. When you install a shower filter in your shower, you can eliminate these minerals from the water, allowing you to feel clean once you walk out of the shower.
Timothy Dale, a seasoned home improvement specialist who specializes in a variety of issues, including plumbing, building, and product recommendations, contributed further research for this piece.
Is it important to you to get rid of dry and itchy skin? Do you want to add a little radiance to the way your hair is flowing? Then insist on Pentair as the manufacturer. Pentair Shower Filters can reduce chlorine in your shower water by up to 96 percent, resulting in softer skin and hair, less smells, and less scale building around your tub and faucet.
Shower Filter Options Suitable for Any Need
- Up to 96 percent of chlorine is removed from your shower water using this filter. Reduces skin dryness, flakiness, and smells that are unpleasant
- Shower water is filtered to remove up to 96 percent of chlorine
- Efficaciously reduces skin dryness, flakiness, and smells
- Up to 96 percent of chlorine is removed from your shower water using this filter. The 9-jet customizable turbo massage on the Handheld Massage Wand is a nice touch.
Reasons to Sing in the Shower
Our premium collection of shower filters is designed to withstand even the most rigorous sediment and chlorine testing conditions. Why should you insist on a Pentair shower filter? Here are some reasons:
- Chlorine reduction of up to 96 percent 1 is possible. Use our innovative design to increase the durability and filtering life of your filter
- It is possible to save both time and money by using a dual-flow showerhead. Enjoy a relaxing spa-like experience with a tranquil ocean-breeze aroma bar, which is included with your purchase.
Home Water Consultation
Please contact us to schedule an appointment with a certified and reputable home water specialist. Only available in a limited number of markets.
Speak with a home water specialist for assistance in customizing a water solution that is appropriate for your specific water profile.
Experience the Pentair Water Solutions Difference
Our home water professionals have received extensive training and are trusted to convert your water issues into water that impresses.
Using environmentally sensitive technologies, you may reduce your plastic waste while maintaining a clear conscience for yourself and your water.
Take advantage of a straightforward, seamless experience to manage your specific water concerns.
Am I Showering In Chlorine?
You may get shriveled raisin-like symptoms after swimming, bathing, or showering in chlorinated water. The following is an explanation of how a shower filter reduces chemicals in your water for a refreshing and calming shower. We’ll tell you when it’s time.
Chlorine In Your Home Water
Beyond its distinctive taste and odor, chlorine’s volatile chemical nature implies that it may react with other substances and produce byproducts. When it comes to your drinking water, how much chlorine is deemed “safe”?
Learn more about common water problems and how to tackle them in our Water Education Center.
A Pentair Water Solutions home water specialist will arrive in a mobile showroom and will assist you in selecting the most appropriate water treatment system for your house or business.
Test Your Water
With the Pentair 16-Point Rapid Water Test, you can determine what is in your water and how hard your water is by testing the hardness of your water.
Talk to a Home Water Expert
Today is the day to get matched with your personalized water solution. To discuss your home water difficulties and inquiries, please contact one of our home water specialists between the hours of 8AM and 6PM EST, Monday through Friday.
Free shipping over $49
We will bring solutions to your door at no additional charge!
Comprehensive System Warranty
Coverage for the system, components, and labor is for one year. ****The warranty only applies to Pentair installations that have been certified.
Money Back Guarantee
If you don’t like a water solution, you can mail it back to the manufacturer.
Frequently Asked Quetions
If you live in an area where we provide in-home services, our team of residential water specialists would be pleased to assist you with the sizing and installation of a new water softening system for your house. Call Pentair immediately at 866-777-3469 to check whether we provide installation services in your area as well as to inquire about our availability. We If you do not reside in one of these regions, we recommend that you check with a local plumber or use an existing home services platform to find out what you can do.
How soon can I get this if I order today?
We send all in-stock orders the same day if they are received by 2 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. Depending on where you reside, it might take up to 7 business days for the package to be delivered. You will get tracking information via the email address you supplied when placing your transaction.
Will these shower filters fit my existing shower pipe?
No matter what size shower pipe connection you have, our shower filters will fit it.
1/2″ connectors are the most common shower pipe connection size in most homes.
Will a shower filter reduce my water pressure?
No. We created our shower filter with no pressure decrease in mind while using it in the continuous pressure mode. When using the water saving option, you may notice a minor decrease in pressure.
How many showers can I take before I need to change my filter?
Each filter has a service life of about 30,000 gallons. With the 1.5 gallon per minute option, you may expect your filter to last for 2,000 ten-minute showers or 1,333 fifteen-minute showers, depending on how much water is being used. The usual lifespan of a rat is between six and nine months. Still not convinced? To talk with a Pentair Water Solutions home water specialist, please contact us. We are here to address any queries you may have.
Are you an independent water treatment professional?
We have the resources you require to expand your company. To get started, go to the Pentair Pro Hub. *This service is only accessible in certain areas. † Select goods purchased from pentair.com or pelicanwater.com are eligible for this offer. 1 The Shower Filter has been tested by KDF Fluid Treatment Laboratory for the reduction of free accessible chlorine in accordance with NSF/ANSI177 for the reduction of free available chlorine. When it comes to choosing Pentair, think beyond the kitchen sink.
- Shower filtration solutions that are specifically designed to protect your body from potentially harmful contaminants in your water are available.
- In a single step, you can change your normal shower into a sauna experience.
- Choose from three different Shower Filters, each of which comes with a wand, a showerhead, or no showerhead at all.
- Showering while shouting out another show tune isn’t a reason for concern according to cutting-edge filtering technology Relax and unwind while bathing in specially treated water that will make your hair shinier and your skin smoother after use.
- When it comes to giving your shower the VIP treatment, Pentair and our tailored filtering technology are the best choice.
The 10 Best Shower Filters to Fix Dry Skin and Dull Hair, According to Reviews
Amazon’s best-selling alternatives for water purification eliminate chlorine and other contaminants from the water. Each product that we showcase has been picked and vetted by our editorial staff after being thoroughly researched and tested. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of the links on this page, we may receive a commission. If you’ve ever noticed that your skin feels extremely dry and itchy after taking a shower, there’s a strong probability that the source of the problem is your tap water.
Furthermore, because particles in the shower water may leave a film on your skin, they might make it difficult to lather up and feel clean, even after vigorous washing.
Based on the kind, shower filters are reasonably priced devices that either replace your complete showerhead or connect directly behind your current one to soften hard water and eliminate pollutants from it.
The following are the best shower filters you can buy in 2021 for maintaining healthy skin and hair: Following the installation of shower filters, several customers have stated that they instantly feel a difference in their hair and skin quality.
“I had comparable results with my daughter, and her dry skin has cleaned up, and my dandruff has disappeared.” Continue reading to find out more about each of the finest shower filters, as determined by thousands of customer reviews:
Best Overall: AquaBliss High Output Revitalizing Shower Filter
Amazon.com is offering a discount of $35 (was $50). Consumers on Amazon are so enamored with this best-selling shower filter from AquaBliss that it has received an average 4.5-star rating from more than 23,000 (!) satisfied customers. With a 12-stage filter, it removes chlorine and other contaminants from the water while also adding vitamins and minerals (such as vitamin C). It has an activated carbon layer as one of its layers, which helps it remove chlorine and other impurities from the water.
“After only two showers, my hair felt softer, and my skin didn’t seem as dry as before.” Furthermore, it is intended to work with any type of shower.
Best Value: BWDM 15-Stage Shower Filter
Amazon.com has a deal for $21 (was $40). At around $21, this shower filter from BWDMis an excellent choice if you want to experiment with a shower filter for the first time without breaking the bank. It includes a 15-stage filter that will last between four and six months depending on how often you use it. After then, new cartridges may be purchased for $13 per cartridge. “Within the first shower, I noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. Despite the fact that I didn’t use lotion immediately after my shower, it did not have its customary dry appearance and feel,” one customer observed.
The amount of chemicals in our water that were weighing down and dulling my hair was something I didn’t notice.
Best Rainfall Option: AquaHomeGroup Luxury Filtered Shower Head Set
Amazon.com is offering a $55 discount (was $60). Choosing this set from AquaHomeGroup will provide you with a high-quality shower head that also has a built-in filter for your bathroom. Multiple components—a standard filter to purify the water, a cartridge to add vitamins C and E, and a rainfall showerhead to simulate the sensation of a fine hotel—all work together to provide a magnificent shower experience right in your own home. According to one customer, “This filter has made my water so much softer, and that bothersome chlorine smell is completely gone when I dial up the heat in my shower.” “I honestly believe that this filter is causing my acne to clear up more.” Additional bonus items include five shower caps (you never know when you’ll need them) and some Teflon tape in case any spills or drips occur when using the shower head.
Best to Use With Your Own Shower Head: Aquasana Deluxe Shower Water Filter System
Amazon.com has a deal for $59 (was $80). When it comes to water filtration, Aquasana is a well-known brand, and their shower filter meets up to those expectations. When you wash your hair and skin, it helps to limit the quantity of chemicals and chlorines that are used. Because it has a vertical design, it will not add too much length to the shower head you currently have (and so will not interfere with the flow of water).
“This has completely changed my life!” said one reviewer. ‘My scalp feels so much better after using it, and I’ve noticed that I’m using less shower gel to get a nice lather going.’
Best for Handheld Shower Heads: Kohler Aquifer Shower Water Filtration System
Amazon.com has a price of $43. With its ultra-slim form, this Kohler shower filter is ideal for customers who use handheld shower heads and want to add filtering to their shower experience. Because the filter is attached to the shower valve on the wall (rather than to the shower head), you won’t have to carry any additional weight in your hand. Amazon reviews claim that their hair visibly improved in only a few days and that they didn’t notice any difference in the flow of water. Several customers expressed satisfaction with the product.
Best Wall-Mounted Option: Culligan WSH-C125 Filtered Shower Head
Amazon.com has a deal for $34 (was $45). It comes with its own shower head, so you won’t have to worry about your existing shower head not fitting properly with this no-frills shower filter. However, it is the fact that the shower head itself offers five various spray settings (including a massage setting!) that truly distinguishes this alternative from the competition. Additionally, a sticker serves as a reminder to replace the filter as necessary. “The skin on my face isn’t as dry anymore, and I’m already using less moisturizer after showering,” stated one of the product’s customers in a review.
“When I come out of the shower, I genuinely feel fresh and clean.”
Best Handheld Option: Sprite HE7-CM Handheld Pure 7-Setting Shower Filter
46 dollars, available at Amazon.com This handheld shower head with a filter may entirely replace your present shower head since it has seven distinct spray settings ranging from power mist to full massage and it has a filter. A single set of replacement filter cartridges can filter up to 5,000 gallons of water, or three months. In the words of one customer, “I first purchased this shower head and filter in order to give my hair and skin a respite from the harsh, chlorinated municipal water.” “My skin is noticeably softer, and my hair is less dry as a result.” Reviewers also praised the length of the hose, which they said was particularly useful for washing babies and puppies.
“It readily reaches the bottom of the tub without the need to dangle,” says the designer.
Best Inline Option: Culligan ISH-100 Inline Showerhead Filter
Amazon.com has a deal for $23 (was $28). This Culligan filter is ideal for wall-mounted shower heads since it reduces the amount of chlorine, sulfur odor, and scale in your water by 97 percent, resulting in significantly less junk that might irritate your skin or adhere to your body as you shower. Because of its inline design, the shower filter may be used with virtually any style of shower head without taking up a lot of additional room.
According to one reviewer, “I’ve only had my shower filter for about two weeks, but I really like it.” “It has helped to clean my dry skin and has made my hair really silky,” said the user. It even prevents harsh water from bothering certain users’ delicate eyes, according to other reviews.
Best Vitamin C Option: Dominow Vitamin C Filter Shower Head
Amazon.com charges $21 for this service. While there are other shower filters on the market that also infuse vitamin C into the water, this portable one from Domino’s is unique in that it also adds a calming citrus aroma to the water. It comes with three lemon balms in total, which add to the aroma that customers have described as “fresh and delightful.” Aside from the aromatherapy benefits, it will also neutralize unpleasant odors and eliminate pollutants such as chloramine and heavy metals such as lead.
Best KDF Option: CraterAquaSystems 15 Stages Shower Water Filter
Amazon.com has it for $29 (was $40). Despite the fact that it seems to be identical to many of the other alternatives on our list, the CraterAquaSystem shower filter takes water filtration to a whole new level thanks to its KDF-55 layer. Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) is a non-toxic method that kills bacteria while also removing chlorine from the environment. The use of this little device has made having a shower a lot more pleasurable, according to a customer. “I noticed that my hair was more sensitive to my shampoo immediately away, and that my treatments for frizzy hair were performing significantly better.