State Water Heaters Review
Please keep in mind that this content may contain affiliate links. This means that, at no additional cost to you, we may gain a small profit on purchases made via our links. Taking a Quick Look: Water Heaters
About State Water Heaters
State Water Heaters, like many other great corporations, began with modest beginnings in a small town.The firm, which was founded in a garage by Herbert Lindahl in 1946, made coal and wood-burning stoves for the residents of Nashville, Tennessee.Lindahl began manufacturing electric water heaters two years later, and eventually introduced gas-fired water heaters in 1954.Following this point, the firm began to place a greater emphasis on new technology and innovation, introducing welded steel galvanized tanks in 1956 and porcelainized glass-lined tanks in 1957, which have since become industry standard.In 1979, State becomes the first manufacturer to install foam insulation between the jacket and tank, marking a significant step forward in the industry.
- They also get a patent for their Sandblaster commercial water heater design, which minimizes the amount of silt and scale that accumulates in the tank, the following year.
- Since then, despite the fact that they are not as well-known as many other companies, they have risen to become one of the world’s leading players in the industry.
- State Industries, Inc.
- was bought by water heater behemoth A.O.
Smith in 2001, resulting in the company’s water heater business nearly doubling in size at the time of the acquisition.View this page for more information: Best Water Heaters for Residential Use
Gas and Propane Models
RANKIMAGEPRODUCT NAMERATING1ProLine XE Polaris GHX-50-199-N RANKIMAGEPRODUCT NAMERATING
- ProLine water heaters are built to last, utilizing a combination of efficiency and durability to ensure that even the smallest unit is a long-term investment without incurring long-term debt.
- Increasing the tiers further improves the quality, with each step up contributing to the total level of excellence.
- But even the most basic model has a high level of efficiency, with the lowest unit efficiency factor (UEF) of any model coming in at an enviable.89.
- The smallest ProLine tier is also by far the largest, with options ranging from a 2.5 gallon point-of-use warmer to 55 gallon storage tanks in the lowest price range.
- While the lowest UEF rating for three of the 30-gallon models is.89, others claim ratings as high as.93, despite the fact that they are the ″bottom line.″ Whatever your needs are, whether you have a little mobile home or a small to mid-sized house, there is almost certainly a ProLine that will meet them.
- The ProLine XE is a fierce competitor with sizes ranging from 40 gallons to 80 gallons.
- The least efficient model in this range has a UEF of.92, but the most efficient model has a crazy UEF of 3.52, according to the manufacturer.
- In addition to being ENERGY STAR certified and offering up to two LEED points, some models in this series are also some of the most sought-after electric water heaters available on the market today.
- Tankless heaters have grown increasingly popular in recent years, and State has not shied away from serving this segment of the consumer market.
- These gas and propane models are available in both condensing and non-condensing configurations, with several of them earning LEED and ENERGY STAR certifications.
- These models, all of which come with 15-year warranties, have high UEFs and will supply sufficient of hot water on demand to meet the demands of your entire household.
- Regardless of how good the heater is or how long the guarantee lasts, certain parts will wear out more quickly than others.
- The anode rod is the most often encountered of these components, although other components may also require repair during your normal maintenance intervals.
- Thermostats, heating elements, thermocouples, flu dampers, temperature controls, and valves are examples of such components.
- Phone: 1-800-365-0024
- website: www.statewaterheaters.com
- contact information:
- Take a look at our upcoming reviews: Bradford White Water Heaters Review
- Ruud Water Heaters Review
- Bradford White Water Heaters Review
- Bradford White, Rheem, and AO Smith are the only three major producers of water heaters in the United States.
- On the majority of models, they all employ the same Honeywell gas control valve.
- The majority of buyers who leave reviews for water heaters are just unaware of what they are talking about.
- 15.9 years is the average life expectancy.
- Rating: 4/5 stars based on 38 customer reviews.
- a little more information If you’re thinking about installing your own water heater, steer clear of Bradford White.
- Life expectancy is 17.7 years on average.
- Rating: 4.5/5 stars based on 34 customer reviews.
- a little more information Because of their dominance of the market during the majority of the 1980s, AO Smith has the longest average lifetime of any company.
- 12.2 years is the average life expectancy.
- Rating: 4.3/5 stars based on 29 customer reviews.
- a little more information The installation quality of the Rheem (formerly GE) tanks is the most serious flaw in the design of the tanks.
- Life expectancy is 13 years on average.
- Rating: 3.6/5 stars based on 16 customer reviews.
- a little more information Many plumbing contractors use State, which is one of the brands that AO Smith acquired and is a popular option among its customers.
- 16.6 years is the average life expectancy.
- Rating: 4.8/5 stars based on 12 user reviews.
- a little more information Kenmore is actually a pretty good brand, and the tanks that they use are manufactured by AO Smith.
- 15.9 years is the average life expectancy.
- Rating: 4.3/5 stars based on 9 customer reviews.
- a little more information AO Smith water heaters also owns the American brand, which is sold under the name American.
- Life expectancy is 12.1 years on average.
- Rating: 3.6/5 stars based on 11 customer reviews.
- a little more information Whirlpool water heaters are commonly regarded as the most unreliable water heaters available on the market.
- Asked in the following category: General The most recent update was made on June 21st, 2020.
- State Industries is a manufacturer that you should know about.
- With seven production sites and hundreds of distribution locations and contractors throughout the United States, State hot water heater manufacturer provides excellent customer and technical support, as well as parts availability and a comprehensive guarantee.
|2||ProLine XE Polaris GHX-50-175-N|
The cost-effectiveness of gas water heaters is typically superior to that of electric ones, and State provides over 200 types in three levels to make it simple to pick the one that’s suitable for you.
Every gas heater manufactured by State is designed to provide commercial heater performance at a household price. These long-lasting heaters are capable of supplying water to even the busiest of families while being extremely energy efficient.
Starting with a modest.57 UEF, the entry-level ProLine category has more than 100 models, the majority of which are certified Low NOx and the remainder of which are rated Ultra-Low NOx.The sizes range from 30 gallons to a staggering 98 gallons, and the guarantees on each model range from six to 10 years in length.These low-tier units are highly popular for even the busiest households because of their overall quality and efficiency.
ProLine Master models, like the ProLine basic versions, have a minimum UEF of.57 and are made completely of Low NOx and Ultra-Low NOx certified tanks, similar to the basic ProLine models. Each of these 40 to 55 gallon tanks is backed by an 8-year warranty, ensuring that they are a long-term investment.
With prices starting at.65 UEF, the numerous 30 to 55 gallon tanks in this line are equipped with a variety of possible features ranging from LCD displays to ENERGY STAR certification and LEED point eligibility.A wide range of venting and output requirements are met by the 60 models in this category, making them among of the best gas and liquid propane water heaters available on the market today.
State has been manufacturing electric water heaters for more than 50 years, allowing them to develop heaters that are among the most dependable on the market today. The ProLine line of electric heaters, which now consists of three tiers, has something to offer to every customer.
The ProLine Master line, which has a UEF ranging from.92 to.93, is a very efficient step up from the ordinary line. There are now five different versions available, including two 40-gallon tanks, two 50-gallon tanks, and one 55-gallon tank. All models in this grade come with a Coregard sacrificial anode rod as well as an 8-year limited tank guarantee as standard equipment.
State Water Heater Parts
State Water Heater Contact Info
Best Brands of Water Heaters
In all seriousness, who would write a review for a water heater?It is the individual who is going at it alone who is more concerned with replacing parts than he is with solving the environmental problems.When it comes to water heaters in Kansas City, the average age of replacement is 18 years.Is it possible to rank any of the models that are currently rolling off the production lines today?We’ve had difficulties with roughly one in every 80 water heaters we’ve installed, and the majority of them have occurred in less than optimum environmental conditions.
The length of the guarantee has showed no sign of a tank that would survive for a longer period of time.Our data shows that the contrary is true, not because of a lower-quality tank, but rather because of a lower-quality installation in general.Environmental factors such as water pressure, thermal expansion, water quality, and vent size have a greater impact on the lifespan of a product than the brand name itself.
1. Bradford White
It is unlikely that you will receive any assistance from the manufacturer if the product was not installed by a Licensed Professional.Bradford White has fewer variants than its competitors, and the majority of its tanks have a BTU rating of 40,000 and brass drain valves.Bradford White has an average longevity of more than 15 years, with just a small number of complaints of problems.They are, by far, the most frequent type of tank in the Kansas City metropolitan region.Bradford White tanks are all equipped with a magnesium anode rod for corrosion protection.
It is only offered as a warranty upgrade with AO Smith / State water heaters, and it is not accessible without purchasing a new water heater.Not only is magnesium less likely to leak into water, but it also stands up better in the majority of environments.
2. AO Smith
In addition to their own tanks, they manufacture for Kenmore and Whirlpool, as well as for its subsidiaries State Select and American.ProLine and US Craftsmaster are other names for this product.As a result of lower-priced versions such as the GCV and now the GCG, AO Smith has gained a significant amount of market share in recent years, beating away the competition.The weight of these models is around 20-30 pounds less than that of a Bradford White.Most AO Smith tanks are built in Mexico, with the exception of a few exceptions.
The AO Smith water heaters have a hollow bottom pan, which makes it difficult to level the tanks.It is necessary to bypass the intake of an AO Smith atmospheric water heater in order to level it.For a variety of reasons, we have distanced ourselves from AO Smith in recent months.Bradford White, which is manufactured in Mexico, has more aesthetic difficulties when it comes out of the factory than Bradford White, which is manufactured in the United States.
Poor assembly, crooked nipples, crooked gas valves, and unevenly placed stickers are the most typical causes of problems with AO Smith products.In order to avoid any confusion, we have ceased repairing any AO Smith water heaters unless they were installed by us.
We frequently encounter tanks with a 12-year guarantee that need to be changed in less than 10 years, and the warranty provides no assistance in the replacement.For a multitude of causes, water heaters might fail.The most common of these are connected to environmental conditions such as water pressure and thermal expansion, as well as flue size and natural gas pressure.In the majority of cases, when a tank breaks in less than 10 years, it is due to one of the causes listed above or the manner the tank was installed.Flexible water heater connections and shark bite connectors have also been found in a significant number of Rheem water heaters that have failed in less than ten years of operation.
Rheem had one of the largest recalls due to their FVIR lockout shutdown, which was one of the most serious.Despite the recall, there are several Rheem tanks that have been in service for more than 15 years without any complaints or difficulties.The newer tanks that are currently available at Home Depot are quite comparable to the GE tanks that were previously manufactured by Rheem.Even if the tanks offered at big box retailers have extended warranties, the life expectancy of the tanks is reduced.
4. State Select
The State water heater is nearly identical to the AO Smith, although it has been installed in greater numbers in the Kansas City region during the past ten years.The pilot on the 04-07 versions has been known to malfunction on a regular basis.In comparison to the AO Smith tank, the current State versions feature the exact same Gas Valve and Pilot Assembly.State appears to have a good tank that will endure for at least 15 years, and maybe much longer than that.The most prevalent State Select Water Heater Repair difficulties tend to be related to the intake, which appears to be the most serious concern with this brand.
It can also be difficult to undertake conventional repairs, such as changing a thermocouple, when the state is unstable.The State has a fused thermocouple, which means that you will have to replace the complete pilot assembly simply to repair the thermocouple, which will be expensive.
The difficulty with Kenmore is that you have to purchase replacement parts via Sears in order to use them.That also implies that you must go via them for servicing rather than hiring a plumber on your own.Back in the 1980s, a large percentage of the tanks they sold were of higher quality than what is currently available on the market.It has been our experience that several Kenmore units that were 25 years old have performed admirably throughout their service lives.AO Smith provides guarantees of six and ten years, however both warranties are based on the same same tank.
Kenmore offers warranties of 3, 6, 9, and 12 years.The Kenmore water heater has a 12-year warranty, which is the same as the AO Smith’s 6-year warranty.Both the intake and thermocouple are the most frequently encountered Kenmore Water Heater Repair issues.Kenmore clearly suffers in this category due to the fact that it is difficult to fix.
Apart from the fact that the majority of models appear to be slightly unreliable, they can also be difficult to obtain replacement parts for.It is almost set up in such a way that if there is a problem, you must contact Sears to have the unit serviced.The previous few times we have tried to purchase parts for a Kenmore we were informed it would take a few days for the component to be sent.Going days without hot water will usually influence people to go ahead and just replace the tank instead of making a repair.
During the 1980s, American was quite popular, and many of those units are still in operation today.The gas tanks manufactured after 2004 have a reputation for being unreliable.The lack of availability of parts and servicing in the Kansas City region is maybe the most serious problem with American Motors vehicles.
12.2 years is the average life expectancy. Rating: 4.3/5 stars based on 29 customer reviews. a little more information Over the last 15 years, GE water heaters have been readily available at Home Depot and other retail outlets. They earned a dreadful reputation for providing poor customer service and being unreliable.
The fact that they are one of the most affordable water heaters on the market and that they are accessible at Lowes is no coincidence.The safety features of this water heater appear to be the primary reason that the ignition system is turned down in many instances.As a water heater technician, I’ve seen that Whirlpool and Rheem (GE) water heaters have the highest number of code violations when it comes to venting standards.Over the previous ten years, there have been a number of recalls, and one of the most prevalent complaints is about poor customer support.The FVIR lockout is the most prevalent Whirlpool Water Heater Repair problem, and it will almost always necessitate the replacement of the tank.
Many Whirlpool water heaters have been changed while still under warranty, but instead of having a new Whirlpool installed, the homeowners have chosen to spend their money on a better brand.
Who makes state water heater?
Brands.A.O.Smith operates under the following brand names throughout the world: A.O.Smith (United States, Canada, China, Europe, Turkey, India, and Vietnam), GSW (Canada), John Wood (Canada), State Water Heaters, American Water Heaters, Reliance Water Heaters, Lochinvar, Takagi, and U.S.Craftmaster Water Heaters.
A.O.Smith also operates under the following brand names: GSW (Canada), John Wood (Canada), State Water Heaters, American Furthermore, who is the manufacturer of GSW water heaters?GSW is a Canadian manufacturer of gas and electric tank-style and tankless water heaters for the residential and commercial markets.Global Sales and Marketing (GSW) is a division of the A.O.
Smith Corporation, which generated nearly $3 billion in international sales in 2017.Furthermore, is state a reputable brand of water heater?The ProLine range of gas water heaters from State is both efficient and dependable.As with its line of industry-leading commercial units, the business made certain to apply the same innovations and technology for its residential units.The end result is a gas boiler that has been extensively inspected and cared for and will last a long time.
- What is the greatest brand of water heater to purchase?
- 15 of the most reputable and dependable water heater manufacturers on the planet
- It was created by A.O. Smith and Rheem. American Standard
- American Water Heaters
- Rheem was founded in 1925 by two brothers, Donald and Richard Rheem – with financial backing from a third brother, William. Kenmore, Bradford White, American Standard, American Water Heaters, Bosch, and EcoSmart are some of the other brands that are available.
Who Makes State Water Heater?
- State Industries is a manufacturer that you should know about.
- With seven production sites and hundreds of distribution locations and contractors throughout the United States, State hot water heater manufacturer provides excellent customer and technical support, as well as parts availability and a comprehensive guarantee.
- Is AO Smith the manufacturer of state water heaters?
Another debate is whether state water heaters are manufactured by AO Smith.Brands.A.O.Smith operates under the following brand names throughout the world: A.O.Smith (United States, Canada, China, Europe, Turkey, India, and Vietnam), GSW (Canada), John Wood (Canada), State Water Heaters, American Water Heaters, Reliance Water Heaters, Lochinvar, Takagi, and U.S.
Craftmaster Water Heaters.A.O.Smith also operates under the following brand names: GSW (Canada), John Wood (Canada), State Water Heaters, American
What is the best brand for a water heater?
- 15 of the most reputable and dependable water heater manufacturers on the planet Who is the manufacturer of GSW water heaters?
- GSW is a Canadian manufacturer of gas and electric tank-style and tankless water heaters for the residential and commercial markets.
- Global Sales and Marketing (GSW) is a division of the A.O.
Smith Corporation, which generated nearly $3 billion in international sales in 2017.Is State a reputable brand of water heater?The ProLine range of gas water heaters from State is both efficient and dependable.As with its line of industry-leading commercial units, the business made certain to apply the same innovations and technology for its residential units.The end result is a gas boiler that has been extensively inspected and cared for and will last a long time.
Are AO Smith good water heaters?
Smith Water Heaters is a company that manufactures water heaters. In the water heater sector, A.O. Smith is a reputable brand name to trust. It has come up with fantastic inventive concepts for manufacturing things that are not only of high quality but also of high efficiency in terms of performance and functionality. You may also want to check out,
Is AO Smith better than Rheem?
In terms of water heaters, Rheem is an excellent, mid-level brand that isn’t too pricey. Its reputation as a manufacturer of long-lasting, dependable water heaters makes it an excellent choice for most households. In general, AO Smith is a superior choice for gas water heaters, but only by a little margin compared to other brands. Take a look at the answer of
Is AO Smith the same as whirlpool?
Lowe’s now carries A.O. Smith water heaters, which have been rebranded as Whirlpool.
How long does an AO Smith water heater last?
- The service life of an AO Smith water heater is approximately 15 years.
- The majority of AO Smith warranties are between 6 and 12 years in length, with the majority of them being closer to 10 years.
- This implies that even after the manufacturer’s guarantee has expired, the makers fully anticipate your water heater to survive at least a decade, and potentially double that amount of time.
How long do state water heaters last?
Water heaters that use natural gas have a life expectancy of 8-12 years, whereas electric water heaters have a life expectancy of 10-15 years.
What does AO Smith stand for?
Milwaukee, Wisconsin native Charles Jeremiah Smith established a modest company in the summer of 1874 to specialize in ″hardware specialty,″ which he called ″hardware specialties.″ His one-person company would expand and prosper to become a worldwide manufacturer with more than 16,000 people, something the entrepreneur could never have dreamed.
Are Rheem water heaters made in the USA?
With nearly 100 years of experience, Rheem has developed a variety of products. It is currently the only manufacturer in the world that manufactures heating and cooling systems as well as water heaters, pool and spa heaters, and commercial refrigeration products, and it is the largest manufacturer of water heating products in North America.
Are Rheem Water Heaters good?
Electric. It’s no surprise that Rheem’s electric heaters have more series than their gas counterparts because they are more efficient than gas. These are some of the greatest on the market, and many of them are scaled to fit into small spaces. Low NOx or superior emissions, leak monitoring, and compatibility with recirculation pumps are all features of all electric variants.
How much does a 50 gallon state water heater cost?
Cost of a Water Heater based on the gallon tank size (Gallons) The price range* for 40 is $320-$1,600. 50 between $400 and $2,200 75 between $900 and $3,000 80 $1,000-$3,000 each
Who owns AO Smith water heaters?
Smith acquires the parent company of American Water Heater. The acquisition of GSW Inc., a Canadian producer of water heaters and construction materials with sales of $520 million in 2005, by A.O. Smith Corp. was finalized on April 3. GSW is situated in Toronto and manufactures water heaters and building products (U.S.).
State Water Heater Reviews
- Many families all around the globe rely on hot water as a fundamental necessity.
- As a result, there are a plethora of alternatives available on the water heater market.
- But, when it comes to selecting a water heater, what factors do you think important?
It turns out that even if you pick a reputable manufacturer, such as State Water Heaters, you will still be faced with a plethora of choices from hundreds of manufacturers.State Water Heaters offers more than 500 models with characteristics that are appropriate for a variety of households and businesses.The heaters are available in a variety of configurations, including gas, electric, solar, and hybrid types.For example, State Hybrid water heaters have a UEF rating of 3.45, which is excellent.In comparison, the UEF ratings of the majority of the other possibilities are around 0.91.
Apart from the fact that the heaters are high-efficiency heaters, the company also provides software and a PayBack Calculator to assist you in determining your size requirements as well as your potential savings with StateSize.We realize how difficult it may be to make a decision when faced with hundreds of alternatives.Because of this, we have clarified some of the information you need know in order to select the best State water heater for your needs.
A Brief History of State Water Heaters
- State Water Heaters began as a stove maker in a garage in Nashville, Tennessee, in 1946, following in the footsteps of many other successful American enterprises.
- State’s founder saw a demand for water heaters, and the company produced its first electric water heater in 1948.
- It didn’t stop there, as the firm went on to introduce its first range of gas water heaters the next year.
In 1956, they introduced a range of galvanized water heaters, which were successful.Heaters made of welded steel were used in this application.The State Corporation created a product with a design that has become commonplace in recent years.They developed a range of porcelainized glass-lined tanks that increase the durability of the tanks by boosting their resistance to rust and corrosion.They developed the Sandblaster® commercial water heater feature, which is still in use today, to prevent the settling of silt and scale accumulation in a design that is quite similar to what they did back then.
State introduced their idea in 1979, together with foam insulation, which was used to align the area between layers of a storage tank.The use of foam insulation allows water to keep its temperature while conserving energy.State had 2900 employees by 1996, and it was generating more than 10,000 units per day at that time.It maintains its reputation for producing high-quality water heaters with ASME-approved innovations such as the Premium line of heaters and the Select line of heaters, among others.
How Reliable are State Water Heaters?
State Water heaters are built with cutting-edge technology and high-quality materials to provide long-lasting performance. Some of the characteristics that contribute to State water heaters being such a dependable brand are as follows:
In order to manufacture dependable heaters, State Water Heaters incorporates cutting-edge technology and high-quality components. The following are some of the elements that contribute to the high level of trust that consumers have in State water heaters :
- State Water Heaters had the reach and appeal to entice A.O.
- Smith, the world’s largest water heating company.
- In the early 2000s, A.O.
Smith acquired State water heaters, so adding another dependable firm to its portfolio.The purchase of a firm by a big player in the water heater industry boosts the appeal of the company’s brand.A.O.Smith has already established a strong relationship with customers and a global reputation for quality and high standards.When you purchase a State water heater, you are purchasing a device that has undergone years of research and development.
Compliance to Standards
- The majority of water heater models are presently Energy Star accredited, which means they meet the worldwide standard for energy efficiency and environmental friendliness.
- The same is true for state-owned water heaters.
- Water heaters manufactured by State Water Heaters ProLine satisfy the 2010 Energy Star criteria.
Additionally, this implies that they are included on a list of equipment that qualifies for incentive schemes.
Self-Cleaning Dip Tube Technology
- The accumulation of scale and emotion both shorten the lifespan of a water heater.
- State water heaters, on the other hand, are equipped with a self-cleaning dip tube that constantly stirs the water in the heater to avoid sediment settling and scale building.
- The tube is composed of a cross-linked polymer called PEX.
The polymer is used in cooling systems and hydronic radiant heating systems because of its superior thermal resistance.This self-cleaning invention helps to reduce the amount of money spent on upkeep.
Green Choice Burner
Some State water heaters are equipped with a Green Choice burner, which reduces the impact on the environment. These burners have lower NO2 emissions, making them a more reliable choice for commercial, residential, and industrial applications, among others.
Innovations In Some of the Models
- ProLine water heaters from State are high-efficiency heaters that are packed with features that make them dependable choices. Internal microprocessor: Accurate measuring decreases energy expenditures while simultaneously improving heating time. The integrated microprocessors in the ProLine water heater series are designed to improve system reaction time and ensure that the system performs flawlessly. There are several different venting options: Direct Vent choices are available in both vertical and horizontal configurations in the ProLine series, each of which performs three duties. Circulation should be improved in regions with poor ventilation.
- Increase the Uniform Factor
- lower the likelihood of an unintentional fire
- Some heaters include a Power Vent option that has been tuned to increase the energy efficiency of the heaters and enhance the UEF.
- The Direct Vent option is a dual-channel system that takes in fresh air from the outside to improve circulation in small areas.
- FVIR-compliance: ProLine gas water heaters have an FVIR Compliant design that meets or exceeds the requirements of ANSI Z21.10.1-CSA 4.1 criteria for flammable vapor ignition resistance.
Because the majority of heaters are situated in locations where there is a significant risk of unintentional fire, the FVIR design is advantageous for safety reasons.
How Long do State Water Heaters Last?
- State water heaters, like most other types of water heaters, have an anticipated lifespan of 12 years.
- Water heater manufacturers also recommend that you consider replacing your water heater after 12 years.
- Tank-type water heaters may provide up to 12 years of service, whereas tankless water heaters can provide up to 15 years of service.
While it is possible to extend the life of a heater via proper maintenance, there are several tell-tale indicators that indicate it is time to replace your heating system.Brown water is a type of water that has a brown color to it.Brown water is one of the most evident indicators of a heater that is failing to function properly.If you observe that you’re getting unclean water from the tank after doing maintenance, you most likely have a rusted heater or a problem with your incoming water stream.A deeper look should be able to identify the source of the problem.
Constant leaks: If your water heater is constantly leaking from the bottom, it might be a sign that it is broken from the inside. If you do a maintenance check and discover that the item cannot be repaired, a replacement will be required.
Strange sounds: The majority of water heaters, particularly household heaters, produce noise levels that are acceptable. However, if the heater continues to rumble and produce weird noises after being repaired, you should plan on having it replaced.
Where are State Water Heaters Manufactured?
State Water Heaters is a Tennessee-based company with its headquarters in Ashland City. As a result of its acquisition by A.O. Smith, the firm now has seven more manufacturing facilities. As far as the Netherlands and China are concerned, they have a global presence. Hundreds of distribution facilities in the United States alone are supplied by the manufacturing plants.
Cost of Top State Water Heater Models?
- State water heaters have a broad variety of prices to match their extensive product line of over 500 models. State water heaters may be found for less than $500, such as the Standard-Vent ProLine GS6-50-BRT type, which is one example. You may also get models in the mid-range for less than $1000, such as the GS6-50-YBFT model. If you wanted to spend less than $500, you’d have to compromise on the Energy Star certification. An EN6-50-DORT electric variant is available for $400. You may anticipate to pay around $1500 for a hybrid model such as the HPX 50 DHPTNE, while you might spend up to $2000 for a Direct Vent GS6-40-YBPDS type. A model like this entitles you to a $400 tax credit as a result. Excessively huge residences requiring exorbitantly enormous heaters may be outfitted with heaters that cost upwards of $3000 per unit in unit cost. The cost of State Water Heaters is determined by a variety of factors. When shopping for State water heaters for your home, you have a few different alternatives to select from. Each option, even down to the installation fees, has an impact on the ultimate pricing. Gas and propane
- tankless water heater
Please keep in mind that State Water Heaters recommends and certifies the installation specialists that will be working on your project. Currently, to become a supplier or an installer, you must submit an application through the firm. Professionals in the state are trained and kept up to speed on any new advances, ensuring that they retain their high standards.
How Good is the Warranty on State Water Heaters?
- State water heaters are covered by a variety of warranties.
- Some heaters and their parts are covered by warranties ranging from 6 years to 10 years.
- A majority of water heaters on the market come with 6-year warranties, which is standard.
Despite this, some State water heaters have warranty durations of up to 8 years on both the components and the overall system.The warranties on the ProLine water heaters are significantly longer.The heat exchanger is covered by a 15-year warranty, while other parts are covered for up to six years.These guarantees, on the other hand, are subject to certain restrictions.Some of the situations that might void your warranty include: using the heating tank while there is no water in it, among others.
- Removing the tank from its original installation point
Installing the heater in an environment where it was not meant to be used, such as an interior heater being used outside,
- If the heater is exposed to ‘acts of God.’
- Selling the heater to a third party.
In order to file a warranty claim, you must provide the product number, model number, serial number, date of installation, date of purchase, and location of installation, among other information. Additionally, it must be installed by a professional who has been certified by the State of California to install water heaters.
Known Recalls for State Water Heaters
There have been two reported recalls of State water heaters when they were under the ownership of A.O Smith.
- During April 2011 and August 2016, a recall was issued for water heaters that were produced between those dates.
- Whirlpool, U.S.
- Craftmaster, American Water Heater, State, Reliance, A.
O.Smith, and Kenmore Ultra-Low NOX Water heaters were among the models affected by this recall.For the heaters to be eligible for recall, they had to be put directly on a piece of wood or other flammable material.
Another recall was issued for heaters that were manufactured between August 16, 2016, and May 28, 2019, according to the manufacturer. Condensing gas boilers and condensing gas combi boilers manufactured by Lochinvar, A.O. Smith, or State were afflicted by this problem..
State water heaters were not included in the third recall of water heaters manufactured under the A.O. Smith brand name.
- State Water Heaters has demonstrated a dedication to providing high-performance service while also making your life easier.
- It should be easy to choose your next option for a freshly installed water heater now that you have such a diverse selection and a price range that accommodates everyone.
- Make an appointment with a specialist and take advantage of a State water heater for your next shower.
- With the State Select Water Heater, you may save money on your water heating costs. STATE WATER HEATERS, STATE WATER HEATERS REVIEWS, and STATE WATER HEATERS REVIEWS 2021 GUIDE
- DISCLAIMER: The information provided on HomeInspectionInsider.com is not intended to be professional guidance.
- Before beginning any job, you should contact with a competent expert and verify that all necessary permits have been obtained.
- It is owned and operated by Hubert Miles who is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by placing advertisements and links on their websites that direct traffic to Amazon.com (hereinafter referred to as ″Amazon.com″ or ″Amazon.com Associates Program″).
As an affiliate, HomeInspectionInsider.com participates in a variety of affiliate programs with other websites.Hubert Miles receives a commission for recommending visitors and commerce to these businesses.
State Water Heater Reviews
- With so many alternatives available on the market today, it can be difficult to choose which tankless water heater is the best option to purchase.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve reduced your search down to a State Water Heater; there are still several options to consider.
- This comprehensive State Water Heaters review will assist you in sorting through the features and marketing hoopla to identify which water heater is the best fit for your need.
About State Water Heaters
- State Water Heaters, like many other well-known businesses, began as a tiny operation.
- The firm was founded in 1946 in the garage of Herbert Lindahl to produce coal and wood stoves for the municipality of Nashville.
- State Water Heaters began manufacturing gas and electric water heaters a few years later, in 1954, and has been in business ever since.
As a result of this, the company began to innovate on its goods, adding features such as porcelainized glass coated tanks, welded steel galvanized tanks, and other cutting-edge technologies.Product advancements such as porcelainized tanks, which have become industry standards, are examples of how companies are advancing their products.State was the first manufacturer to integrate foam insulation between the tank and the jacket, which helped to decrease standby heat loss.This was introduced in 1979.In addition, they received a patent for their Sandblaster water heater design, which prevents silt from accumulating within the tank, the same year.
It’s clear to understand why State Water Heaters are a booming brand thanks to the use of high-quality materials and cutting-edge manufacturing procedures.A.O.Smith now has a majority stake in State Industries Inc.Since the takeover by State in 2001, the company has continued to thrive and has even more than quadrupled its revenue.
Contacting state customer care is easy; you may send an email through their website or call them (1-866-667-4960). Located at 500 Tennessee Waltz Pkwy in Ashland City, TN, they can be reached at (423) 358-0050.
State Water Heater Key Features
- State water heaters are distinguished by the following three primary characteristics: The ability to save energy, as well as the rapidity with which hot water is generated, and the ability to self-clean.
- To avoid corrosion, all tank-style State Water Heaters, whether commercial or domestic, are coated with Blue Diamond.
- Because the Blue Diamond formula used to cover the steel tank is enhanced with greater quantities of zircon, the coating formed is more water-resistant than that formed by competing glass liners.
An additional feature is the installation of a brass drain valve to allow for the draining of the tank, and the anode rods are constructed with a stainless steel core to minimize oxidation and extend the service life.Another notable feature of State Water Heaters is its ICOMM app, which can be used in conjunction with its products to improve the functionality of smart homes.With a simple click of your smartphone’s screen, you’ll be able to remotely monitor, manage, and control the many capabilities of your heater.
State Water Heater Pricing
- As you might anticipate from a company with such a diverse and extensive product line, there is a broad variety of pricing. The following are some of the most important elements that influence the cost of acquiring a State Water Heater: Product characteristics include: size, energy efficiency, tank or tankless design, and product features.
State has a helpful interactive guide on their website to assist you in selecting the appropriate type and model for your house. Simply answer a few questions, and the program will present you with a number of models that are likely to meet your requirements. Check with your local plumber and get FREE estimates today.
- State provides a guarantee on all of their residential water heaters, although the term of the warranty varies based on the model and the kind of water heater.
- You may verify the warranty of a certain heater by visiting the warranty page on the manufacturer’s website.
- The warranties for both electric and gas tank-style water heaters run from 6 to 12 years, depending on the manufacturer.
State, on the other hand, provides Lifetime Models, which include a tank that is protected for the life of the water heater and parts that are covered for six years after that.The heating chamber of the electric tankless units is covered under a 5-year guarantee, which is significantly less than that of the gas tankless units.Alternatively, if you’re searching for a gas tankless system, the heat exchanger comes with a warranty of 15 years.
State Water Heater Life Expectancy
- It is dependent on the power source that the State Water Heaters have a different life expectancy.
- However, as a general rule of thumb, glancing at the warranty will usually give you a good sense of how long you should anticipate the product to last.
- Keep in mind that there are other elements that influence how long a water heater will survive, such as preventative maintenance, good installation, and the quality of the water that is used to heat it.
Nonetheless, as a general rule, you should anticipate a tank-style gas-fueled water heater to last anywhere from 8 to 12 years, while electric water heaters have an average life expectancy of 10 to 15 years.
State Water Heaters are generally trouble-free, but like with any large brand, there are certain concerns that surface from time to time. State’s higher-end models not only come with longer warranties, but they also have less problems than the lower-end versions.
Which State Water Heater Should You Choose?
- The State Water Heater market is competitive, and you have a lot of options when it comes to purchasing one. The company manufactures both tank-style and tankless heaters for use in both home and commercial applications. In practically all of their product lines, they also provide electric units, natural gas units, and propane units. State Heaters are divided into three popular line-ups, into which the vast majority of their heaters fall. Let’s take a closer look at what we’ve got: As a result of the efficiency and quality of the models in this category, they are frequently the most desired alternatives for families with a lot on their plates
- ProLine Master ″Better″ – Constructed with commercial-grade components, this line-up offers a unique combination of durability and functionality
- ″Best″ ProLine XE models – The models in this category are among the best that are currently on the market.
Check with your local plumber and get FREE estimates today.
State Water Heaters Gas and Propane Line Tank-Style Heaters
ProLine is the name of State’s gas tank-style water heater line, which is both long-lasting and energy-efficient. ″Good,″ ″Better,″ and ″Best″ are the three primary product line-ups in the ProLine series, which are graded by state as follows: ″Good,″ ″Better,″ and ″Best.″ Let’s take a closer look at what we’ve got:
- A total of seven distinct tank-style water heater models are available in the ProLine product line-up.
- You’ll find everything you need in this diverse selection of water heaters, whether you prefer direct vent, power vent, or ultra-low NOx models.
- ProLine heaters obtain UEF (Uniform Energy Factor…
imagine efficiency) ratings in excess of 0.60 for the vast majority of models.The heaters in this series have tank capacity ranging from 30 to 75 gallons and higher.
- This is the lineup of the workhorses.
- The gas tank-style water heaters that make up the ProLine Master series are built to a commercial-grade standard, despite the fact that they are intended for use by private homeowners.
- By being bigger in diameter or, depending on the model, by including an additional anode rod, the CoreGard stainless steel core anode rods provide a greater level of protection.
Additionally, all ProLine Master units are equipped with a self-cleaning technology that lowers the likelihood of silt and minerals accumulating inside the unit.Because of the CoreGard anode rod and the self-cleaning mechanism, the ProLine Master series is designed to provide a longer tank service life than competitive models.The warmers have a capacity ranging between 40 and 55 gallons and are connected to a typical atmospheric vent system.
- State’s tank-style water heaters are represented by the ProLine XE, which is the company’s most high-end line.
- In these machines, you can anticipate the most up-to-date technology as well as the highest-quality components.
- The tank size ranges from 34 to 50 gallons, and some units are even covered by a 10-year limited guarantee!
On average, the UEF rating of the ProLine XE line-up is greater than the ratings of the other two ProLine models.
State Water Heater Electric Tank-Style Line
- While State’s electric tank-style water heaters bear the same names as its gas counterparts (Proline, ProLine Master, and ProLine XE), the company also offers heat pumps and solar water heaters in addition to traditional tank-style water heaters.
- For more than fifty years, State Water Heaters has been manufacturing electric tank-style water heaters in the USA.
- Not only do they have years of expertise, but they also manufacture some of the most dependable water heaters available on the market.
Although we will not break down the electric tank-style water heaters into their many family groupings, the 40-gallon and 50-gallon tanks are the most commonly seen tank capacities.Point-of-use tanks as little as 2.5 gallons are available, with the largest available in the electric series being an 80-gallon tank, according to the company.Warranty periods range from 6 to 10 years, and, like with their gasoline-powered counterparts, the length of the warranty period is mostly decided by the model family.
State Water Heater Tankless Line
State provides a complete variety of tankless water heaters in both electric and natural gas configurations. Furthermore, they have a large number of electric point-of-use tankless devices.
Electric Tankless Water Heaters
- There are 18 whole-house water heaters available in the state, six of which have four heating chambers and are intended for houses with a high need for hot water.
- The R4MS-320E is the most powerful of the units available.
- It operates at 240 volts and has a power output of 32 kilowatts.
With a UEF rating of 0.93, it is an excellent choice.A 5-year guarantee is included with each electric tankless water heater, which weighs under 15 pounds on average.
Gas Tankless Water Heaters
- Both natural gas and propane are used in the manufacture of State’s tankless water heaters. They also offer versions that may be used both indoors and outside. In their gas tankless water heater series, there are two model lineups to choose from: 1) ProLine XE Tankless Condensing
- and 2) State Non-Condensing are the two types of condensers available. We strongly advise against getting a tankless water heater that is not condensing. The most significant distinction between the two is the manner in which the exhaust is treated and released. In terms of unit cost and installation, the following is what you may expect: Condensing – Although these devices are more expensive, their installation is significantly simpler and less expensive.
- Non-condensing – These devices are less priced
- but, installation is more involved and costly.
- Consult with a Professional Plumber in Your Area Get FREE Estimates Right Now!
- Tankless water heaters using condensing technology – There are a variety of heaters in the State Proline XE Condensing Tankless Water Heater family that may be used to fulfill the needs of practically any circumstance.
- The primary heat exchanger on each unit is constructed of commercial-grade copper, which adds an additional layer of erosion protection to the system.
Copper also has the capacity to transfer heat, which is another advantage.In fact, it is 25 times more efficient than stainless steel, resulting in significantly quicker hot water at the faucet!Each condensing unit is equipped with two critical safety features: an exhaust and water temperature safety control, as well as an AFR (air flow rate) (air-fuel ratio sensor).Additionally, they are Energy Star approved and have UEF scores greater than 0.90.We offer a variety of water heaters to choose from, each with a 15-year guarantee and ultra-low NOx emissions.
Whether you need a water heater to handle numerous showers at the same time or a single bathroom, you shouldn’t have a trouble choosing one that will fit your needs.States Non-Condensing Tankless Water Heaters are a wonderful choice if you’re searching for a non-condensing tankless water heater.Each of their machines is completely modulated, and they come with a 15-year warranty on the components.They also contain built-in freeze prevention as well as a Hi-Limit switch that can be manually reset.
If your tankless system becomes too cold or too hot, you won’t have to contact for servicing every time it happens.
Top State Water Heaters
With such a wide range of water heaters, it’s sometimes difficult to know which one to purchase. These are among the most popular and best rated heaters State offers.
Premier Power Direct Vent Water Heater: GP6-75-HTPDT
- The Premier Power Direct Vent High-Efficiency 75-gallon propane water heater (model number GP6-75-HTPDT) is perhaps the greatest water heater available in State’s extensive product line.
- This heater is a workhorse that is intended to provide hot water to even the most demanding households.
- The Premier Power Direct is a natural gas water heater with a tank capacity of 75 gallons.
It can recover at a rate of 129 gallons per hour, which is partly due to the 100,000 BTU propane burner and the outstanding architecture of the system.The spiral heat exchanger helps the unit attain a thermal efficiency of 96 percent by retaining the hot combustion gases and lengthening the heat transfer cycle during the heat transfer cycle.It complies with the standards for low NOx emissions as well as the requirements for the Energy Star rating.
ProLine XE Hybrid Electric Heat Pump: HPX-59-DHPTNE
- Another great contender is the Proline XE Hybrid Electric Heat Pump 50-gallon water heater (model number HPX-50-DHPTNE), which is a hybrid electric heat pump and electric water heater combined.
- This electric hybrid heat pump has a UEF rating of 3.42, and no, that is not a mistake.
- It can reduce your utility bills by up to 73 percent and has a UEF rating of 3.42.
In terms of UEF ratings, heat pumps are well-known for having excellent performance.Heat pumps are meant to draw heat from the surrounding environment, dehumidify, and chill the air while simultaneously heating your hot water.This item is even backed by a ten-year limited guarantee.
Condensing Tankless Water Heater: GTS-540-NIH
- Compared to other condensing tankless systems, the GTS-540-NIH is extremely energy efficient.
- It is fitted with a recirculation pump that provides rapid hot water to households that have a dedicated recirculation line, and you have the ability to manually switch the pump on and off at any time you like.
- This machine is available in two different fuel types: propane and natural gas.
It consumes 199,000 BTU of natural gas per hour and has the capacity to deliver hot water to three to four bathtubs at the same time, depending on the model.It also has an integrated microprocessor that controls combustion to aid in improving the overall efficiency of the device.It has a UEF rating of 0.93 and makes use of condensing technology, which allows the heat from the exhaust to be recycled.Check with your local plumber and get FREE estimates today.
ProLine Electric Tank-Style Water Heater: EN6-50-DORT
- This State tank-style electric water heater is a popular choice for families with many members.
- It lowers standby heat loss, allowing you to get the most out of your hot water while keeping your energy bills low.
- The Proline EN6-50-DORT insulates the inner tank with non-toxic insulation made of non-CFC foam, and heat traps are also added to assist reduce heat loss.
The Proline EN6-50-DORT is available in a variety of sizes.This tank-style water heater has a UEF rating of 0.92, which is excellent for a tank-style water heater that is not Energy Star rated.There are two stainless steel heating elements with a combined output of 4500 watts, which are more durable than typical copper components.With a recovery rate of 21 gallons per hour, a self-cleaning dip tube to help eliminate limescale and sediment buildup, and a 6-year guarantee, this electric heater is a great choice for a variety of applications.
ProLine Gas Tank-Style Water Heater: GS6-50-BRT
- Tank-style gas water heater with a 50-gallon tank and a capacity of 81 gallons per hour, the ProLine GS6-50-BRT is an excellent choice!
- It also has an excellent recovery time of 41 gallons per hour, which is rather impressive.
- The heater’s UEF rating is 0.62, and it is equipped with a gas burner that produces 40000 BTUs and fulfills the low NOx emission regulations.
The integrated microprocessor, which is equipped with clever control logic, improves sensitivity, allowing the heater to produce hot water more quickly than before.Lime scale and sediment build-up are eliminated by the self-cleaning dip tube, and the system’s performance is monitored by an LED status indication.This heater is also capable of diagnosing servicing problems!
State Water Heaters vs. Other Brands
- The State vs.
- Rinnai debate rages on.
- Rinnai water heaters have been in production for more than a century.
Although they have their headquarters in Japan, they have offices in 23 countries throughout the world.Rinnai is the world’s most popular tankless water heater brand, with sales exceeding $1 billion annually.Rinnai employs more than 600 development and research engineers who work together to guarantee that every water heater unit is built to the highest possible quality.A laboratory with skilled professionals is also on-site, and this is where heating systems are tested before being launched into the market.To be honest, it’s difficult to top a Rinnai water heater, yet several of their models have efficiency ratings ranging from 82 to 90 percent.
Thermal efficiency rates of 96 percent are achieved by State Tankless Water Heaters, which frequently outperform Rinnai in this area.Rheem, Navien, and Bradford are some of the other brands.White tankless water heaters are available.
Where to Purchase a State Water Heater
- Because there are so many alternatives available, many consumers choose to speak with a professional to ensure that they purchase the most appropriate water heater for their household’s hot water requirements.
- In contrast, if you already know what you want, you could want to purchase and even install it yourself.
- Heaters for states are not available on Amazon, Home Depot, or Lowe’s, and would have to be obtained through a licensed contractor or manufacturer.
Additionally, their website can assist you in locating companies in your region that carry the State brand of products.One thing to keep in mind is that while you may not be able to buy State Water Heaters in the above-mentioned retail outlets, you will almost always be able to purchase A.O.Smith’s product range there.Many of A.O.Smith’s water heater models are identical to State’s models…
remember, they acquired State a lot of years ago and have been using their products ever since.Consult with a Professional Plumber in Your Area Get FREE Estimates Right Now!
- Our Story / Our History State Water Heaters was started in 1946 by Herbert Lindahl, Sr. as a tiny entrepreneurial firm in Nashville, Tennessee, that produced coal and wood-burning stoves in a garage. Today, the company employs over 200 people. In the years that followed, State developed and established itself as a pioneer in the water heating business, thanks to its unwavering dedication to the development of new materials, new technology, and unique engineering approaches. The following are some of the most significant moments in the State’s illustrious history: 1948: The state manufactures the world’s first electric water heater.
- State extends its product portfolio and introduces the world’s first gas-fired water heaters in 1954.
- During the year 1956, the state begins manufacturing its first welded-steel galvanized tanks.
- In 1957, the state manufactures its first porcelainized glass-lined tanks, which are still in use today because of the main design characteristic.
- State receives US patents in 1979 for its Sandblaster® commercial water heater design, which eliminates sediment and scale buildup in the water heater tank. Also a first in the nation, the state of New York has used foam insulation to fill the area between the water heater’s tank and its jacket.
- 1996—State is the world’s largest water heater producer, employing more than 2,900 people and producing an average of more than 10,000 units per day on a daily basis. This year, the business unveils a completely redesigned product range, which will feature the PremiumTM and SelectTM versions.